Sökning: "political elite"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 132 avhandlingar innehållade orden political elite.
1. Making sense of Baltic democracy : public support and political representation in nationalising statesDetta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro universitetsbibliotek
Sammanfattning : A chief topic of this book is the advance of democracy in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. The three countries belong to the most ‘successful’ cases of transition from communist rule to democracy, demonstrated by the fact that they joined the European Union in 2004. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Political Science, Lund University
Sammanfattning : When Britain decided, in 1968, to terminate its official colonial presence in the Persian (Arabian) Gulf as of 1971, this action prompted the Gulf Arab States (Kuwait, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, and Oman) to start the search for a form of partnership that would bring them together to better cope with the insecurity and danger surrounding them and their regimes. A key problem after the British withdrawal has been the notable military weakness of these states and the inability to effectively defend themselves against aggressive action. LÄS MER
3. Communication and Cooperation A Study of the Relationship Between Political Communication and Large-scale Collective ActionDetta är en avhandling från Luleå : Luleå University of Technology
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates the importance of communication for individual cooperation in large-scale collective action dilemmas. In small-scale collective action, where participants have the possibility to meet face-to-face, communication has been shown to drastically increase levels of cooperation. LÄS MER
4. Gatekeepers of democracy? : a comparative study of elite support for democracy in Russia and the Baltic StatesDetta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro universitetsbibliotek
Sammanfattning : This study deals with the consolidation of democracy in general and with political support for democracy, in particular. The theoretical reason for observing support for democracy rests on the assumption that this kind of support is a vital factor that will foster (or its absence will obstruct) the development of democracy in the countries analysed in this study, i. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates the motives for the Swedish Conservative Party's adaption to democracy from 1917 to 1934. The question is: Why did the principally anti-democraticConservative Party choose to accept and to stay loyal to the new Swedish democracy? In all newly democratised countries there is a potential danger of an anti-democratic reaction from the group that controlled the power in the old system. LÄS MER