Sökning: "Political support"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 414 avhandlingar innehållade orden Political support.
1. Making sense of Baltic democracy : public support and political representation in nationalising statesDetta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro universitetsbibliotek
Sammanfattning : A chief topic of this book is the advance of democracy in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. The three countries belong to the most ‘successful’ cases of transition from communist rule to democracy, demonstrated by the fact that they joined the European Union in 2004. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Compelling research in international relations and international political economy on global warming suggests that one part of any meaningful effort to radically reverse current trends of increasing green house gas (GHG) emissions is shared policies among states that generate costs for such emissions in many if not most of the world’s regions. Effectively employing such policies involves gaining much more extensive global commitments and developing much stronger compliance mechanism than those currently found in the Kyoto Protocol. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro University
Sammanfattning : There are many indicators that the representative democratic system is currently facing serious legitimacy challenges. Two central indicators of these challenges are changing patterns of political participation and a decline in system support. LÄS MER
4. Gatekeepers of democracy? : a comparative study of elite support for democracy in Russia and the Baltic StatesDetta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro universitetsbibliotek
Sammanfattning : This study deals with the consolidation of democracy in general and with political support for democracy, in particular. The theoretical reason for observing support for democracy rests on the assumption that this kind of support is a vital factor that will foster (or its absence will obstruct) the development of democracy in the countries analysed in this study, i. LÄS MER
5. Doubting democrats? : A comparative analysis of support for democracy in Central and Eastern EuropeDetta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro universitetsbibliotek
Sammanfattning : This thesis deals with public support for the democratic political system in the new Central and East European member states of the European Union. The main aim of this study is to analyse democratic consolidation on the attitudinal level. LÄS MER