Sökning: "in vivo test"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 217 avhandlingar innehållade orden in vivo test.
1. Development of nicotinic receptor ligands for positron emission tomography - from in vitro to in vivo : Binding studies of neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptors using different ³H-, ¹1C- and `6Br - labeled ligands
Sammanfattning : Neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptors (nAChRs) are involved in central processes, such as cognitive functionand memory, and play a critical role in neuropathological changes in Alzheimer's disease (AD). The in vivocharacterization of nAChRs by positron emission tomography (PET) may increase our understanding of thefunctional implications of these receptors in AD and their early changes during this disease. LÄS MER
2. Designing thiophene-based fluorescent probes for the study of neurodegenerative protein aggregation diseases : From test tube to in vivo experiments
Sammanfattning : Protein aggregation is an event related to numerous neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzhemier’s disease and prion diseases. However little is known as to how and why the aggregates form and furthermore, the toxic specie may not be the mature fibril but an on route or off route specie towards mature aggregates. LÄS MER
3. Comparative in vivo and in vitro studies on the biomechanics of maxillary partial dentures. A methodological and experimental study
Sammanfattning : Biomechanical aspects are generally agreed to be significant, particularly during the planning of restorative treatments and the design of prosthetic appliances. However, comparative in vivo/in vitro studies show wide differences in the magnitudes and patterns of functional strains in prosthetic devices. LÄS MER
4. Tamiflu in the Water : Resistance Dynamics of Influenza A Virus in Mallards Exposed to Oseltamivir
Sammanfattning : The natural reservoir of influenza A virus (IAV) is wild waterfowl, and all human IAVs have their genetic origins from avian viruses. Neuraminidase inhibitors (NAIs) are currently the best drugs for treatment of human influenza; therefore, the orally available NAI oseltamivir (Tamiflu®) has been stockpiled worldwide as part of pandemic preparedness planning. LÄS MER
5. Exploring Cancer Drugs In Vitro and In Vivo : With Special Reference to Chemosensitivity Testing and Early Clinical Development
Sammanfattning : The aims of this thesis were to investigate the utility of in vitro drug sensitivity testing to optimize the use of cancer chemotherapy and to assess the properties of a new cancer drug in a phase I clinical trial. Tumour cells from patients were analysed with the short-term Fluorometric Microculture Cytotoxicity Assay (FMCA). LÄS MER