Sökning: "Varved annually laminated lake sediment"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 6 avhandlingar innehållade orden Varved annually laminated lake sediment.
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Ekologi, miljö och geovetenskap
Sammanfattning : Varved (annually laminated) sediments are of great interest for inference of past environmental conditions, as they provide dated records with high time resolution. After deposition, the sediment varves are affected by diagenesis; i.e., chemical, physical and biological changes that occur within the sediment. LÄS MER
2. Combining limnology and paleolimnology a refined understanding of environmental sediment signal formation in a varved lakeDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå University
Sammanfattning : Paleoclimatic archives, such as lake sediments, extend our understanding of terrestrial and aquatic ecosystem dynamics in relation to climate variability beyond the period covered by instrumental data. In this context, annually laminated (i.e. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Quaternary Sciences, Department of Geology, Lund University
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis was to study annually laminated (varved) Holocene lake sediment in Sweden, their formation and their potential as chronological and palaeoecological archives. Five lakes with continuous Holocene varved lake sediment sequences in northern (Västerbotten) and west central Sweden (Värmland) were investigated. LÄS MER
4. Studies of an elusive element processes that influence the net retention of mercury in lake sediments and peatlandsDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet, Institutionen för ekologi, miljö och geovetenskap
Sammanfattning : Because of its toxic nature mercury is a threat to both wildlife and human health, and thus, it is an element of concern in the environment. Currently much of the mercury emitted to the atmosphere is derived from anthropogenic sources – both direct emissions and re-emission of already deposited anthropogenic mercury. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : This thesis consists of two parts.The first part considers further development of a model used for marital fertility, the Coale-Trussell's fertility model, which is based on age-specific fertility rates. A new model is suggested using individual fertility data and a waiting time after pregnancies. LÄS MER