Sökning: "tumour targeting"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 73 avhandlingar innehållade orden tumour targeting.
1. Tumour Targeting Using Radiolabelled EGF Conjugates : Preclinical Studies
Sammanfattning : Tumour targeted radiotherapy is an appealing approach for treatment of disseminated tumour cells. A targeting agent that specifically binds to a structure on tumour cells is then used to transport therapeutically relevant radionuclides. The epidermal growth factor receptor, EGFR, is overexpressed on tumour cells in several malignancies, e.g. LÄS MER
2. Two-Step Targeting for Effective Radionuclide Therapy : Preclinical Evaluation of 125I-labelled Anthracycline Delivered by Tumour Targeting Liposomes
Sammanfattning : For the treatment of cancer, Auger-electron emitting radionuclides are strongly dependent on their close proximity to DNA to utilize the local therapeutic potential of the Auger electrons. This thesis investigates a two-step targeting approach that uses targeting liposomes for the delivery of an Auger-electron emitter, 125I, coupled to a DNA-binding compound, Comp1, to the tumour-cell DNA. LÄS MER
3. Aspects of Tumour Targeting : Preclinical Studies on Human Malignant Cells in vitro
Sammanfattning : Exclusive eradication of tumour cells causing minimal damage to healthy tissue, a concept referred to as targeting, is an interesting approach to improve the outcome for patients afflicted with cancer.The general aim of this thesis was to highlighten aspects that could be of importance in developing novel treatment regimens based on specific targeting of tumour cells. LÄS MER
4. Radioimmunotherapy in Experimental Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma : Tumour-targeting in vitro and in vivo
Sammanfattning : Radioimmunotherapy (RIT) has been shown to be a practicable way to treat head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. A specific antibody recognizes the charasteristic structure of tumour cells when loaded with cytotoxic agents (toxins, drugs, radionuclides, etc). LÄS MER
5. Antibody-Based Radionuclide Targeting for Diagnostics and Therapy : Preclinical Studies on Head and Neck Cancer
Sammanfattning : Antibody-based targeting techniques play an increasingly important role in cancer research. By targeting a structure that is abundant in tumour cells, but rare in healthy tissues, an antibody can mediate the delivery of radioactivity specifically to tumour cells in the body. LÄS MER