Sökning: "Tillämpad medicinsk teknik"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 26 avhandlingar innehållade orden Tillämpad medicinsk teknik.
1. Development and application of rule- and learning-based approaches within the scope of neuroimaging : Tensor voting, tractography and machine learning
Sammanfattning : The opportunity to non-invasively probe the structure and function of different parts of the human body makes medical imaging an indispensable tool in clinical diagnostics and related fields of research. Especially neuroscientists rely on modalities like structural or functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Computed Tomography or Positron Emission Tomography to study the human brain in vivo. LÄS MER
2. Cardiac Performance, Ventricular-Vascular Interaction and Functional Alterations in Rheumatic Mitral Stenosis : A descriptive study employing novel hemodynamic and echocardiographic modalities
Sammanfattning : The assessment of LV performance poses significant challenges in the setting of rheumatic mitral stenosis (MS) owing to an inherently load-altered state. A detailed characterization of arterial-ventricular coupling between subjects with isolated post-capillary pulmonary hypertension (Ipc-PH) and combined pre- and post-capillary pulmonary hypertension (Cpc-PH) has not been described. LÄS MER
3. Can Bone Void Fillers Carry Load? : Behaviour of Calcium Phosphate Cements Under Different Loading Scenarios
Sammanfattning : Calcium phosphate cements (CPCs) are used as bone void fillers and as complements to hardware in fracture fixation. The aim of this thesis was to investigate the possibilities and limitations of the CPCs’ mechanical properties, and find out if these ceramic bone cements can carry application-specific loads, alone or as part of a construct. LÄS MER
4. Ceramic Materials for Administration of Potent Drugs
Sammanfattning : This thesis aimed to investigate and document the potential of applying ceramics in two specific drug delivery applications: tamper-resistant opioid formulations and transdermal enhancement protrusions.Geopolymers were developed into the matrix for a tamper-resistant formulation, aiming to protect drug substances from non-medical abuse. LÄS MER
5. Physical Properties of Acidic Calcium Phosphate Cements
Sammanfattning : The gold standard for bone replacement today, autologous bone, suffers from several disadvantages, such as the increased risk of infection due to the need for two surgeries. Degradable synthetic materials with properties similar to bone, such as calcium phosphate cements, are a promising alternative. LÄS MER