Sökning: "Glycosylated analysis"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 38 avhandlingar innehållade orden Glycosylated analysis.
1. Glypican-1: Structural and functional analysis of the N-glycosylated human protein
Sammanfattning : Glypicans are multifunctional cell surface heparan sulphate proteoglycans co-regulating numerous signalling pathways, and are thereby involved in the control of cellular division, differentiation, and morphogenesis. The heparan sulphate (HS) chains are responsible for many of those biological functions; nevertheless recent studies suggest functional roles for the glypican core proteins in mediating the signalling of various growth factors. LÄS MER
2. Analysis of noncovalent and covalent protein-ligand complexes by electrospray ionisation mass spectrometry
Sammanfattning : In this thesis, the application of electrospray ionisation mass spectrometry (ESI-MS) to the analysis of intact proteins is demonstrated. In papers I and II, the use of ESI-MS for the analysis of noncovalent protein-ligand complexes were discussed. LÄS MER
3. Analysis of sterol metabolism in the pathogenic oomycetes Saprolegnia parasitica and Phytophthora infestans
Sammanfattning : The primary objective of this thesis was to investigate the sterol metabolism of two pathogenic oomycetes, specifically the processes of sterol synthesis and sterol acquisition in the fish pathogen Saprolegnia parasitica (Saprolegniales) and the plant pathogen Phytophthora infestans (Peronosporales). Furthermore, the effects of steroidal glycoalkaloids from Solanaceous plants, on P. LÄS MER
4. Improving the biocatalyst. Engineering of fungal oxidoreductases and thin-film electrodes for improvement of membraneless biofuel cells and carbohydrate biosensors
Sammanfattning : This thesis presents investigations for the improvement of electrical contact and catalytical properties of two fungal redox enzymes, cellobiose dehydrogenase (CDH) and pyranose dehydrogenase (PDH), with electrodes and the use of the prepared electrodes as carbohydrate biosensors and in enzymatic biofuel cells. The performance of enzyme modified electrodes can be improved in two ways, by modifying the bioelement or by modifying the electrode. LÄS MER
5. Early diagnosis of diabetic retinopathy by mass examinations in primary health care
Sammanfattning : The general objective of this thesis was to describe a system for fundus photography for early diagnosis of diabetic retinopathy, performed by mobile teams visiting primary health care centres in Stockholm County. Large-scale implementation showed this method to be feasible, acceptable, and popular. LÄS MER