Sökning: "epidemiological studies"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 695 avhandlingar innehållade orden epidemiological studies.
1. Physical activity, cardiorespiratory fitness, and abdominal obesity in relation to cardiovascular disease risk epidemiological studiesDetta är en avhandling från Karolinska Institutet
Sammanfattning : Although Sweden saw a decline in death rates related to cardiovascular disease (CVD) between 1987 and 2011, it is still the most common cause of death for both women and men. Lifestyle-related factors such as inadequate physical activity (PA), poor cardiorespiratory fitness (CF), and excess body fat are all recognised as important predictors of CVD morbidity and mortality. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå Universitet
Sammanfattning : Prostate cancer is a large and increasing medical problem both in Sweden and in the rest of the developed world, with about 300.000 new cases diagnosed world wide annually. Despite the high incidence of this disease, little is known about the aetiology of prostate cancer. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro university
Sammanfattning : Nickel allergy is the most prevalent contact allergy and has been discussed as a possible riskfactor for hand eczema. However, hand eczema is one of the most frequently occurring skindiseases and has multifactorial origin. The aim of this thesis was to study the association between nickel allergy and hand eczema in the general population. LÄS MER
4. On intestinal ischaemia after aortoiliac surgery : Epidemiological, clinical and experimental studiesDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : An important cause of death among patients undergoing surgery of the abdominal aorta is intestinal ischaemia. In the Swedish Vascular Registry 2930 aortoiliac operations were identified. The complication was studied in a combined cohort and case-control study, and multivariate analysis performed. The incidence of intestinal ischaemia was 2. LÄS MER
5. Pregnancy, Childbirth and Midwifery Care among Women with Intellectual Disability in Sweden Epidemiological and Descriptive StudiesDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The overall aim of this thesis was to investigate pregnancy and childbirth in women with intellectual disability (ID), in Sweden, the health of their newborns and midwifery care for these women. Two register studies and two descriptive studies are included. LÄS MER