Sökning: "wastewater treatment"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 268 avhandlingar innehållade orden wastewater treatment.
1. Microsieving in municipal wastewater treatment : Chemically enhanced primary and tertiary treatment
Sammanfattning : Municipal wastewater treatment plants are constantly forced to make improvements. The main objectives are to reduce energy consumption, to increase the treatment capacity and to improve the effluent water quality. Microsieves in combination with chemical pretreatment can potentially fulfil these objectives. LÄS MER
2. Towards application of activated carbon treatment for pharmaceutical removal in municipal wastewater
Sammanfattning : Many pharmaceuticals are found in municipal wastewater effluents due to their persistence in the human body as well as in conventional wastewater treatment processes. This discharge to the environment can lead to adverse effects in aquatic species, such as feminization of male fish. LÄS MER
3. Efficient treatment of forest industrial wastewaters : Energy efficiency and resilience during disturbances
Sammanfattning : This work concerns the efficient treatment of wastewaters from pulp and paper mills by means of aerobic biological processes. For treatment processes there are many aspects of efficiency and the present study investigates both energy efficiency and purification efficiency during disturbances. LÄS MER
4. Municipal wastewater treatment by microsieving, microfiltration and forward osmosis : Concepts and potentials
Sammanfattning : Conventional wastewater treatment plants are designed for treating manmade wastewater (e.g., from households and industries) and to protect the environment (e.g. LÄS MER
5. Physicochemical Treatment of Municipal Wastewater : From Direct Membrane Filtration to Adsorption of Organic Micropollutants
Sammanfattning : Pharmaceutical residues and other organic micropollutants are transported via municipal wastewater to wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs). However, current treatment processes are not designed to remove organic micropollutants, and several such compounds have been found in recipients, where they can have negative effects on aquatic organisms. LÄS MER