Sökning: "activated carbon"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 109 avhandlingar innehållade orden activated carbon.
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Kemi
Sammanfattning : Activated carbon is an adsorbent that is commonly used for removing organic contaminants from air due to its abundant pores and large internal surface area. This thesis is concerned with the static adsorption capacity and adsorption kinetics for single and binary organic compounds on different types of activated carbon. LÄS MER
2. Towards application of activated carbon treatment for pharmaceutical removal in municipal wastewaterDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : Many pharmaceuticals are found in municipal wastewater effluents due to their persistence in the human body as well as in conventional wastewater treatment processes. This discharge to the environment can lead to adverse effects in aquatic species, such as feminization of male fish. LÄS MER
3. Refining of hydrochars/ hydrothermally carbonized biomass into activated carbons and their applicationsDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Materials and Environmental Chemistry (MMK), Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Hydrothermally treated biomass could not only be used as a fuel or a fertilizer but it can also be refined into high-value products. Activated carbons are one of those. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå University
Sammanfattning : Recently, due to the unique properties and structures such as large geometric surface area, electrical conductivity and light weight, 3D structured carbon materials have been attracting extensive attention from scientists. Moreover, the materials, which can provide well-defined pathways for reactants to easily access active sites, are extremely useful for energy conversion as well as environmental and catalysis applications. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Kemiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Persistent organic pollutants (POPs) are hydrophobic substances that readily sorb to organic matter in particles and colloids instead of being freely dissolved in the water phase. This sorption affects the bioavailability and environmental transport of the POPs. LÄS MER