Sökning: "African Sahel"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 10 avhandlingar innehållade orden African Sahel.
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Physical Geography, Lund University
Sammanfattning : A light Use Efficiency (LUE) model is developed that allows the mapping of total growing season Gross Primary Production (GPP) for the West African Sahel, using the Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI) together with other data. Image quality may be poor in monthly NDVI maximum value composites as shown by an improved geostatistical noise estimation technique. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Africa is the continent where modern humans originated and yet, African demographic history remains largely unknown. Through analyzing the genetic composition of extant and extinct individuals, it is possible to reveal signals of past demographic history and adaptation. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Meteorology, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The African Sahel is one of the most vulnerable regions to climate variability at different time scales. It is an arid to semi-arid region with limited water resources. The summer rainfall is one of these sources, but it exhibits pronounced interannual variability. This thesis presents several aspects of Sahelian Sudan rainfall. LÄS MER
4. Spatio-Temporal Estimation for Mixture Models and Gaussian Markov Random Fields - Applications to Video Analysis and Environmental ModellingDetta är en avhandling från Lund University
Sammanfattning : In this thesis computationally intensive methods are used to estimate models and to make inference for large, spatio-temporal data sets. The thesis is divided into two parts: the first two papers are concerned with video analysis, while the last three papers model and investigate environmental data from the Sahel area in northern Africa. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm Resilience Centre, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Integrated landscape approaches are increasingly called for to reconcile multiple objectives from the perspectives of agriculture, forestry, poverty alleviation and biodiversity conservation. Sudano-Sahelian West Africa with low agricultural productivity and widespread poverty is a hotspot for these issues and has attracted international interest in interventions to improve livelihoods. LÄS MER