Sökning: "turbulence modification"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 11 avhandlingar innehållade orden turbulence modification.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH
Sammanfattning : Despite its importance in various industrial applications there is still a lack of experimental studies on the dynamic and thermal field of swirling jets in the near-field region. The present study is an attempt to close this lack and provide new insights on the effect of rotation on the turbulent mixing of a passive scalar, on turbulence (joint) statistics as well as the turbulence structure. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Xiaoyun Tu, Division of Food Engineering, Department of Food Technology, Engineering and Nutrition
Sammanfattning : The aim of this work is to build a framework that can be used for characterizing the bubbly gas liquid turbulent flow in the stirred bioreactor tank. To this end we have developed and modified techniques with which to measure the velocity of both dispersed gas and carrier liquid phases by the optical measurement technique, a 2-CCD camera Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV) system; and to characterize the turbulence by the wavelets tool, Proper Orthogonal Decomposition (POD). LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Electromagnetic waves can be used to transmit information over long distances and are therefore often employed for communication purposes. The electromagnetic waves are reflected off material objects on their paths and interact with the medium through which they propagate. LÄS MER
4. CFD Modeling of Turbulent Flows in Industrial Applications with Emphasis on Premixed Combustion in Gas TurbinesDetta är en avhandling från Department of Heat and Power Engineering, Lund university
Sammanfattning : Increasing restrictions on hazardous emissions combined with demands for good profitability from the operators in the energy market have contributed strongly to the development of innovations in which the emphasis is on low emissions and high efficiency. For gas turbine-based power plants, emission of NOx in particular is governed by stringent legislation. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : Incoherent scatter radars are powerful ground based instruments for ionospheric measurements. By analysis of the Doppler shifted backscatter spectrum, containing the signature of electrostatic plasma waves, plasma bulk properties are estimated. LÄS MER