Sökning: "fatty acyl desaturase"
Hittade 5 avhandlingar innehållade orden fatty acyl desaturase.
1. Fatty Acyl Reductases and Fatty Acyl Desaturases. Deciphering the biosynthesis of species-specific moth female sex pheromones from common fatty acidsDetta är en avhandling från Lund University, Dept. of Biology
Sammanfattning : Moths (Lepidoptera) are dependent on female produced pheromones, chemical signals, for attracting a mate. Pheromones are most commonly made up by saturated and/or unsaturated fatty acid derived alcohols, acetates, and/or aldehydes that are produced by a set of enzymes in the female pheromone gland. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund University, Faculty of Science, Department of Biology
Sammanfattning : Moth caterpillars are major agricultural pests in many parts of the world. In general female moths attract male mates with their pheromone over long distance. Most of the described moth pheromones belong to the same class of chemical compounds, fatty acid derivatives that are produced de novo in the pheromone gland. LÄS MER
3. Evolution of mate signalling in moths: Biosynthetic gene families and diversification of female sex pheromonesDetta är en avhandling från Chemical Ecology and Ecotoxicology, Department of Biology, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Pheromones are intraspecific chemical signals serving as a ubiquitous form of communication, particularly among insects. Female sex-pheromone signals act as the core constituent in the specialized odour-mediated moth mate-recognition system. Female moths typically release multicomponent mixtures of alcohols, aldehydes or acetates. LÄS MER
4. Crystallographic studies of enzymes involved in biosynthesis of fatty acids : Beta-ketoacyl acyl carrier protein synthase II and delta9-stearoyl-ACP desaturaseDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics
Sammanfattning : In the biosynthesis of fatty acids, the beta-Ketoacyl Acyl Carrier Protein Synthases (Kas) catalyse chain elongation by the addition of two-carbon units derived from malonyl-ACP, to an acyl group bound to CoA or the small protein ACP. These enzymes are potential targets for antibiotics against bacterial or parasitical infections and their mammalian counterparts could hopefully be used as drug targets against certain cancers and obesity. LÄS MER
5. Plants as Factories for Insect Pheromone Production : Deciphering and Reconstructing Sex Pheromone Biosynthetic Pathways of Female MothsDetta är en avhandling från Lunds universitet, Media-Tryck
Sammanfattning : Compared to other organisms in which the fatty acyl desaturases (FADs) are mostly involved in normal cellular lipid metabolism, moth FADs have evolved extent functions in the biosynthesis of sex pheromones. Female moths releasespecies-specific sex pheromones to attract conspecific males over a long distance for mating. LÄS MER