Sökning: "Lund Medicin"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 1978 avhandlingar innehållade orden Lund Medicin.
1. How to create and analyze a Heart Failure Registry with emphasis on Anemia and Quality of Life
Sammanfattning : Background and aimsHeart failure (HF) is a major cause of serious morbidity and death in the population and one of the leading medical causes of hospitalization among people older than 60 years. The aim of this thesis was to describe how to create and how to analyze a Heart Failure Registry with emphasis on Anemia and Quality of Life. LÄS MER
2. Prehospital Diagnosis and Oxygen Treatment in ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction
Sammanfattning : IntroductionPaper I: An Artificial Neural Network (ANN) was constructed to identify ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction (STEMI) and predict the need for Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI). Paper II, III and IV: Studies suggest that O2 therapy may be harmful in STEMI patients. LÄS MER
3. Development of sensitive EPR dosimetry methods
Sammanfattning : Electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) dosimetry using the well established dosimeter material alanine is a generally accepted dosimetric method for measurements of high absorbed doses. Alanine EPR dosimetry is however not sensitive enough for high precision measurements of low (< 5 Gy) absorbed doses using reasonably measurement times and small dosimeters. LÄS MER
4. A population-based study on neuropsychological and morphological signs of idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalus
Sammanfattning : BACKGROUND: Idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalus (iNPH) is typically manifested in people over 65 years. The condition of gait disturbances, incontinence, and cognitive dysfunction can be reversed in up to 80% of the cases by ventricular shunting. LÄS MER
5. Mentally disordered offenders: a longitudinal study of forensic psychiatric assessments and criminal recidivism
Sammanfattning : Background: During history, mentally disordered offenders have been in focus regarding responsibility for their crimes and imposition of punishment. The boundary stone of legal consequences for mentally ill offenders has been moved between ethical aspects and the possible link between crime and mental disorder. LÄS MER