Sökning: "human health"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 5833 avhandlingar innehållade orden human health.
1. Essays on Social Capital, Health and Socioeconomic Inequalities in Health A Health Economic Study
Sammanfattning : The thesis comprises four independent research papers and a summary that focus on two related dimensions. The first dimension focuses on the understanding of the production of health. Particularly, the question is asked whether community's stock of social capital influence individual's health. LÄS MER
2. Evaluation of a primary health care strategy implemented in a market-oriented health system : the case of Bogota, Colombia
Sammanfattning : Introduction: Despite Colombia having adopted a health system based on an insurance market, Bogota in 2004, as part of a left-wing government (elected for first time in the city), decided to implement a Primary Health Care (PHC) strategy to improve quality of life, level of population health and reduce health inequities. The PHC strategy has been implemented through the HomeHealth program by three consecutive governments over the last eight years in the context of continuous political tension stemming from differences between national and district health policies. LÄS MER
3. Integration of national community-based health worker programmes in health systems : Lessons learned from Zambia and other low and middle income countries
Sammanfattning : Background: To address the huge human resources for health (HRH) crisis that Zambia and other low and middle income countries (LMICs) are experiencing, most LMICs have engaged the services of small scale community-based health worker (CBHW) programmes. However, several challenges affect the CBHWs’ ability to deliver services. LÄS MER
4. Health workforce development post-1990s health sector reforms : the case of medical doctors in Tanzania
Sammanfattning : Background: Health systems in many low- and middle-income countries suffer from critical shortages and inequitable geographical distribution of the health workforce. Since the 1940s, many low- and middle-income countries have passed through different regimes of health sector reforms; the most recent one was in the 1990s. LÄS MER
5. Maternal health and health care in Madhya Pradesh state of India : an exploration using a human rights lens
Sammanfattning : Pregnancy and motherhood are natural processes in the lives of women of reproductive age. These processes are generally considered to be positive and fulfilling experiences. However, for various reasons, many women end up dying as a result of these processes. LÄS MER