Sökning: "Institutionen För Arkitektur Och Byggd Miljö"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 76 avhandlingar innehållade orden Institutionen För Arkitektur Och Byggd Miljö.
1. Utopology : A Re-Interrogation of the Utopian in Architecture
Sammanfattning : Utopia – the word is simultaneously evocative of hope and dread. As a concept it is stupendously problematic, and yet despite its alleged passing into irrelevance, utopia still remains a household word. Why is this so?Utopia has been reduced to a category. We place a solution in the category of the utopian or, conversely, the not-utopian. LÄS MER
2. Effects of Art and Design on Orientation in Healthcare Architecture : A study of wayfinding and wayshowing in a Swedish hospital setting
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates the role of interior design elements, especially artwork, in way-searchers’ wayfinding and orientation in hospital environments. The thesis considers the way-searcher’s background and the impact of cultural belonging, occupation, memories, aesthetic preferences, and language, and the influence that such factors might have on the perception of the hospital environment and its guiding elements. LÄS MER
3. PROTOTYPING PLATEAU GEHRY_CONNECTIVES : Reading Frank Gehry’s experiments through Deleuze and Guattari
Sammanfattning : This thesis attempts to describe and interpret the design practice of an American architect, Frank O. Gehry through concepts developed by French philosopher Gilles Deleuze and his collaborator, French psychotherapist, philosopher and activist, Félix Guattari. LÄS MER
4. The Street of Associations : Migration and Infrastructural (Re)Production of Norra Grängesbergsgatan, Malmö
Sammanfattning : As global migration alters the demography of Swedish cities in the postwelfare era, socio-spatial polarisation and discrimination present acute challenges. In recent decades, Malmö has transformed from an industrial into a postindustrial, service economy-oriented city. LÄS MER
5. Crowdability of Urban Space. : Ordinary rhythms of clustering and declustering and their architectural prerequisites
Sammanfattning : In the wake of densification and urbanisation, crowding has become an increasingly important issue for social sustainability in cities. This also affects urban design and the ways public spaces stimulate different kinds of crowding and clustering. LÄS MER