Sökning: "external fixation"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 21 avhandlingar innehållade orden external fixation.
1. External Fixation of Femoral Fractures in Children Clinical, radiological and functional outcome and cost analysisDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The overall aim of this thesis was to evaluate the outcome when treating children for displaced femoral fractures with external fixation.In a consecutive and prospective study during the period 1993-2000, 96 children aged 3-15 years with 98 displaced femoral fractures were treated with external fixation and early mobilisation. The mean age was 8. LÄS MER
2. Hemicallotasis in Tibial Osteotomy using External Fixation. Patients, Pin Site Infection and Pin Site CareDetta är en avhandling från Department of Orthopaedics, Lund University
Sammanfattning : External fixation has been more commonly used during the last decades for correction of bone and soft tissue deformities and in frcture healing. The most common complication of external fixation is pin site infection. LÄS MER
3. Aspects on treatment of femoral neck fractures studies on treatment methods, surgical approach and external validityDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå Universitet
Sammanfattning : Femoral neck fracture (FNF) is a great challenge for today´s health care and is associated with high mortality and morbidity in the elderly. In the short term several studies in the literature have demonstrated improved hip function, quality of life and fewer re-operations in elderly patients treated with total hip arthroplasty (THA) instead of internal fixation (IF). LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Ecology, Environment and Plant Sciences
Sammanfattning : In the Himmerfjärden Bay a large excess of nitrogen over phosphorus in the discharge from a large sewage treatment plant (STP) has suppressed growth of diazotrophic cyanobacteria in its inner parts. Implementation of nitrogen removal in the STP in 1997 drastically reduced nitrogen load and triggered growth of diazotrophs, mainly Aphanizomenon sp. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The epidemiological features of tibial shaft fractures were studied in Uppsala during two 5-year periods. The incidence decreased in men below 20 years of age in the late 1980's compared with the early 1970's (mostly due to a reduction of fractures sustained in traffic accidents), while the incidence increased in women over 80. LÄS MER