Sökning: "isokinetic muscle strength"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 21 avhandlingar innehållade orden isokinetic muscle strength.
1. Exercise-induced muscle soreness a qualitative and quantitative study of human muscle morphology and functionDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : Exercise-induced muscle soreness is characterized by stiffness, tenderness and pain during active movements and weakness of the affected musculature the days after unusually or particularly heavy work. The most pronounced subjective symptoms do not arise immediately but rather between a couple of hours to some days after the exercise (a delayed-onset of muscle soreness), the intensity of pain is greatest about 48 hours after the work. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Anna Maria Holmbäck, Department of Physical Therapy, University Hospital, SE-221 85 Lund, Sweden
Sammanfattning : The overall aim of this thesis was to increase our knowledge of the relationship between structure and function of human skeletal muscle, and about factors affecting strength. The ankle dorsiflexor muscles (DF) were chosen as a representative model of human skeletal muscle, and because these muscles have important roles in gait and maintenance of balance. LÄS MER
3. Biomechanical and neural aspects of eccentric and concentric muscle performance in stroke subjects Implications for resistance trainingDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : Muscle weakness is one of the major causes of post-stroke disability. Stroke rehabilitation programs now often incorporate the same type of resistance training that is used for healthy subjects; however, the training effects induced from these training strategies are often limited for stroke patients. LÄS MER
4. STRENGTH TRAINING AFTER STROKE: EFFECTS ON MUSCLE FUNCTION, GAIT PERFORMANCE AND PERCEIVED PARTICIPATIONDetta är en avhandling från The Department of Health Sciences, Division of Geriatrics, Lund University and the Department of Rehabilitation, Lund University Hospital, Sweden
Sammanfattning : The overall aim of this thesis was to evaluate the effects of strength training on muscle function, gait performance and perceived participation in subjects with chronic mild to moderate post-stroke hemiparesis. A main impairment after stroke is reduced muscle strength. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund University
Sammanfattning : Background: Regular participation in physical activity or organized exercise is regarded as one important lifestyle factor that could improve musculoskeletal health, fitness and body composition. For children and adolescents physical activity is important not only in training of the neuromuscular system, coordination and balance, but in a wider perspective, for adopting a lifestyle that possibly reduces the risk of coronary artery disease, obesity, osteoporosis and other contributors to morbidity and mortality in the population. LÄS MER