Sökning: "Femoral fractures"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 54 avhandlingar innehållade orden Femoral fractures.
1. Displaced Femoral Neck Fractures A prospective randomized study of clinical outcome, nutrition and costsDetta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Displaced femoral neck fractures comprise more than a third of all hip fractures. There is controversy as to the optimal treatment. Despite attempts to improve the methods for internal fixation, complication rates have been almost unchanged: 20-40% non-union and late segmental collapse in another 10-20%. LÄS MER
2. External Fixation of Femoral Fractures in Children Clinical, radiological and functional outcome and cost analysisDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The overall aim of this thesis was to evaluate the outcome when treating children for displaced femoral fractures with external fixation.In a consecutive and prospective study during the period 1993-2000, 96 children aged 3-15 years with 98 displaced femoral fractures were treated with external fixation and early mobilisation. The mean age was 8. LÄS MER
3. Aspects on treatment of femoral neck fractures studies on treatment methods, surgical approach and external validityDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå Universitet
Sammanfattning : Femoral neck fracture (FNF) is a great challenge for today´s health care and is associated with high mortality and morbidity in the elderly. In the short term several studies in the literature have demonstrated improved hip function, quality of life and fewer re-operations in elderly patients treated with total hip arthroplasty (THA) instead of internal fixation (IF). LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköpings universitet
Sammanfattning : The incidence of femoral neck fractures in elderly people is rising requiring large health care resources. Internal fixation of the fracture is the treatment of choice in Scandinavia, but in 20-40% of the cases a late complication such as a segmental collapse of the femoral head after initial bone necrosis, or a non-union of the fracture because of non-healing, will occur. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Acta Orthopaedica, Volume 78, No. 328
Sammanfattning : The mevalonate pathway is an important biosynthetic pathway, found in all cells of virtually all known pro- as well as eukaryotic organisms. This thesis is an investigation into the use of two drugs, originally developed for different applications, but both affecting the mevalonate pathway, in to models of fracture repair. LÄS MER