Sökning: "spinal cord injury"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 153 avhandlingar innehållade orden spinal cord injury.
1. Spinal cord compression injury : an experimental study in the rat with special reference to effects on spinal cord circulationDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society
Sammanfattning : Sustaining a Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) alters every aspect of a person s life significantly and irreversibly. Since SCI of traumatic etiology predominately occurs in young adult males, most research has focused on this group. Other demographic groups, such as children and women, have received much less attention. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Spinal cord injury following trauma results in suffering for each individual independent of the severity of the neurological deficits. Care of the acute spinal cord injured patients has developed from the purely conservative treatment advocated 20-30 years ago to today's active strategies. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Public Health Sciences
Sammanfattning : The aims of this thesis were to assess and characterise nociceptive and neuropathic pain, the use of pharmacological and non-pharmacological pain treatment, and the influence of pain on the quality of sleep in a population following spinal cord injury (SCI). This thesis is divided into five separate studies: I. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå Universitet
Sammanfattning : Whiplash injury is a common and troublesome disorder and approximately 10-40 per cent of its victims develop chronic symptoms. The annual incidence is estimated at 1/1000 inhabitants and the prevalence at 1%. The cause of chronic symptoms after whiplash injury is still unknown and no effective treatment has been presented so far. LÄS MER