Sökning: "Civil engineering"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 2290 avhandlingar innehållade orden Civil engineering.
1. Distributed thermal response tests New insights on U-pipe and Coaxial heat exchangers in groundwater-filled boreholesDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : U-pipe Borehole Heat Exchangers (BHE) are widely used today in ground source heating and cooling systems in spite of their less than optimal performance. This thesis provides a better understanding on the function of U-pipe BHEs and Investigates alternative methods to reduce the temperature difference between the circulating fluid and the borehole wall, including one thermosyphon and three different types of coaxial BHEs. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Gothenburg : Chalmers tekniska högskola
Sammanfattning : Buildings are the largest energy-using sector in the world. Since the generation of energy is highly associated with greenhouse gas emissions, contributing to climate change, there is a large focus on reducing energy use in buildings. LÄS MER
3. On the Design Considerations for Thermal Energy Storage with Phase Change Materials: Material Characterization and ModellingDetta är en avhandling från Gothenburg : Chalmers tekniska högskola
Sammanfattning : Integrating thermal energy storage (TES) technologies to a process enables storing and releasing thermal energy on demand. Depending on the implementation, this may lead to economic and ecological improvements, e.g. by shifting the peak demand to off-peak hours or by increasing the share of utilized renewable energy. LÄS MER
4. Managing construction challenges: Viability of a dynamic capabilities approach for the public clientDetta är en avhandling från Gothenburg : Chalmers tekniska högskola
Sammanfattning : Construction clients in the public sector face a large number of challenges in designing, procuring and managing construction projects in a manner that is conducive to the organization’s overall goals. In particular, clients have faced challenges in delivering projects that satisfied the projects’ goals with respect to cost overruns, delays and sustainable construction. LÄS MER
5. Blue-green stormwater systems for citywide flood mitigation : Monitoring, conceptualization, modeling, and evaluationDetta är en avhandling från Water and Environmental Engineering Department of Chemical Engineering
Sammanfattning : Considering the growth in urbanization, leading to an increase in impervious surfaces, and the changing climate, enhancing the intensity and frequency of rainfall events, existing urban drainage networks—separate or combined sewer systems—are presumed to face substantially elevated hydraulic loads, causing pluvial floods in urban areas. There are several ways to address these challenges. LÄS MER