Sökning: "rural livelihoods"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 29 avhandlingar innehållade orden rural livelihoods.
1. The Past of Present Livelihoods Historical perspectives on modernisation, rural policy regimes and smallholder poverty - a case from Eastern ZambiaDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborgs universitet
Sammanfattning : This study is an enquiry into the processes shaping rural livelihoods in peripheral areas. The study is situated in the field of livelihood research and departs in the persistent crisis within African smallholder agriculture and in rural policy debates during the postindependence era. LÄS MER
2. Interdisciplinary knowledge integration and the Sustainable Livelihoods Approach. Case studies on rural livelihoods in Kenya and ChinaDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborg University
Sammanfattning : To understand the complex and multifaceted problems of rural development in Africa and Asia, perspectives that have the capacity to consider, combine and integrate contributions from different disciplines and different stakeholders are needed. Through five papers based on case-studies in rural Kenya and China, this dissertation contributes towards reaching such a perspective. LÄS MER
3. From Rural Gift to Urban Commodity Traditional Medicinal Knowledge and Socio-spatial Transformation in the Eastern Lake Victoria RegionDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå university
Sammanfattning : As we celebrate all the dynamic and dramatic improvements in human health care in the 21st century, life in much of Africa begins with and is sustained with the support of traditional medicinal knowledge. Research on traditional medicinal knowledge (TMK) is extensive, but rather few studies have been written about Traditional Healers' (THs') own perceptions about TMK and practices in relation to changing societal dynamics. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå university
Sammanfattning : Zoonotic diseases, transmissible between animals and humans, make up the majority of emerging infectious diseases, posing a threat to public health and global food security. The emergence of infections is partly driven by close contact between humans and livestock, which is common in smallholder livestock farming in rural tropical areas. LÄS MER
5. Solar energy for a brighter life. A case study of rural electrification through solar photovoltaic technology in the Eastern Province, ZambiaDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborg University
Sammanfattning : Electricity is taken for granted in many parts of the world. In Sub-Saharan Africa, typically less than 5% of the rural population have access to this energy source. Even though electricity in itself does not lead to development, it can support a development process. LÄS MER