Sökning: "dark energy"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 110 avhandlingar innehållade orden dark energy.
1. Searches for Particle Dark Matter Dark stars, dark galaxies, dark halos and global supersymmetric fitsDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Physics, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The identity of dark matter is one of the key outstanding problems in both particle and astrophysics. In this thesis, I describe a number of complementary searches for particle dark matter. LÄS MER
2. Searches for Dark Matter with IceCube and DeepCore New constraints on theories predicting dark matter particlesDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Physics, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The cubic-kilometer sized IceCube neutrino observatory, constructed in the glacial ice at the South Pole, searches indirectly for dark matter via neutrinos from dark matter self-annihilations. It has a high discovery potential through striking signatures. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Astronomy, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : In the standard model of cosmology, the universe is currently dominated by dark energy in the form of the cosmological constant that drives the expansion to accelerate. While the cosmological constant hypothesis is consistent with all current data, models with dynamical behaviour of dark energy are still allowed by observations. LÄS MER
4. Coal and Oil: The Dark Monarchs of Global Energy Understanding Supply and Extraction Patterns and their Importance for Future ProductionDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The formation of modern society has been dominated by coal and oil, and together these two fossil fuels account for nearly two thirds of all primary energy used by mankind. This makes future production a key question for future social development and this thesis attempts to answer whether it is possible to rely on an assumption of ever increasing production of coal and oil. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Physics, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The quest for the first detection of a galaxy cluster in the high energy gamma-ray regime is ongoing, and even though clusters are observed in several other wave-bands, there is still no firm detection in gamma-rays.To complement the observational efforts we estimate the gamma-ray contributions from both annihilating dark matter and cosmic-ray (CR) proton as well as CR electron induced emission. LÄS MER