Sökning: "Lund University."
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 8804 avhandlingar innehållade orden Lund University..
1. Chemogenetics, Induced Neurons and Pluripotent Stem Cells: Towards Advanced Gene and Cell Therapies Targeting EpilepsyDetta är en avhandling från Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : The complexity of the central nervous system and existence of the blood-brain barrier often causes difficulties for traditional pharmacological treatments of neurological diseases. This thesis explores the feasibility and potential for novel gene and cell therapy approaches, which hold better promise for neurological disorders, while particularly targeting epilepsy. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : During the last decade it has been clearly demonstrated that the adult brain contains neural stem cells (NSCs) localized mainly in two regions: the subgranular zone in the dentate gyrus and the subventricular zone (SVZ) lining the lateral ventricles. In the intact brain, these NSCs give rise to new dentate granule cells and olfactory bulb neurons, respectively. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Molecular Psychiatry Unit
Sammanfattning : Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) is a well-established treatment for severe depressive disorder, but its clinical use has been limited by concerns about side effects such as memory disturbances. Despite over 70 years in clinical use, the exact mechanisms of action behind the therapeutic or adverse effects are not fully understood. LÄS MER
4. Neural Stem Cells - interaction with the brain and prospects for cell replacement therapy for StrokeDetta är en avhandling från Neural stem cell biology and therapy
Sammanfattning : Stroke is an acute neurological condition and the leading cause of disability in adult humans. Treatments for efficient recovery are not available. The most common form of stroke results from the occlusion of the middle cerebral artery, which causes loss of brain parenchyma and many types of neurons as well as astrocytes and oligodendrocytes. LÄS MER
5. Novel approaches to explore mechanisms of epileptic seizures - optogenetic and chemogenetic manipulation of hippocampal circuitryDetta är en avhandling från Experimental Epilepsy Group
Sammanfattning : Epilepsy comprises a family of neurological disorders characterized by recurrent seizures, which can be highly debilitating. Up to 30% of patients with temporal lobe epilepsy, the most common form of the disorder in adults, arising in the hippocampus, cannot be effectively treated by current pharmaceuticals. LÄS MER