Sökning: "ethnic tensions"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 8 avhandlingar innehållade orden ethnic tensions.
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg University
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
2. Male's honour and female's shame : Gender and ethnic identity contructions among Turkish divorcées in the migration contextDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : This dissertation deals with the construction of gender and ethnic identity among Turkish immigrant divorcees in Sweden. The author explores what it means to be a divorcée from the perspective of fifteen Turkish women of varying ages and with different socio-economic and regional backgrounds. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Sociologiska institutionen, Stockholms universitet
Sammanfattning : The aim of this dissertation is to examine inter-ethnic relations between organizationally active people with different ethnic backgrounds. I focus on relations that are based on a mutual interdependence between parties, mutual respect, common procedural rules, real opportunities that expressly approve or reject a proposal in a decision or deliberation situation free from compulsion, where people, who have different ethnic backgrounds, strive after insight and understanding in their relations. LÄS MER
4. Negotiating Social Membership Immigrant Claims-Making Contesting Borders and Boundaries in Multi-Ethnic EuropeDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Acta Universitatis Stockholmiensis
Sammanfattning : The concept of social membership is the mainframe for this dissertation, which encompasses four independent articles that approach the boundaries of social membership from different perspectives. Empirically, the focus lies on mobilizing groups that demand an extension of rights and/or inclusion for documented and undocumented immigrants in two European immigration countries: Sweden and Spain. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The theoretical point of departure in this dissertation proposes that the liberal welfare state includes a fundamental logic of integration, viewing the attainment of social equality between different categories in society as a main condition for social integration. But how can this logic of integration be applied to a multicultural society? Is trying to achieve equal access to certain socio-economic standards sufficient, or does cultural diversity call for other measures in order to fulfill the aim of equality and integration?In this study it is argued that the liberal welfare state in a multicultural society is confronted with three tensions. LÄS MER