Sökning: "weight loss"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 356 avhandlingar innehållade orden weight loss.
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund University, Faculty of Medicine
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : During recent decades, lumbar spinal stenosis (LSS) has become the most common indication for spine surgery, a change that coincides with a higher worldwide prevalence of overweight and obesity. Thus, surgical treatment of LSS in the overweight and obese population is common and increasing in scope. LÄS MER
3. Growth of schoolchildren studies on somatic growth and deviant growth patterns such as weight loss and obesity and aspects of intake of breakfast and food itemsDetta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro University
Sammanfattning : The overall aim of this thesis is to explore somatic growth, and deviant growth patterns as episodes of weight loss and obesity development, including some aspects of meal patterns and food intake.Methods: The thesis includes four studies, two cross-sectional studies (Paper I and II), and two longitudinal studies (Paper III and IV). LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro University
Sammanfattning : AIM: The aim of the research presented in this thesis was to evaluate whether, dietary behavior modification treatment (D), or physical exercise behavior modification treatment (E), or the combination of both (DE), provide short and long-term weight loss compared to control (C) among overweight and obese lactating women, and if so how. METHODS: At 10-14 weeks postpartum, 68 lactating Swedish women with a pre-pregnancy body mass index of 25-35 were randomized to 12 weeks of treatment or control. LÄS MER
5. Cardiovascular structure and function in obesity. The impact of body composition, sleep apnea and sustained weight lossDetta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro University
Sammanfattning : Background: Obesity is associated with disturbances in cardiovascular structure and function varying along with the degree of fatness, but the mechanisms underlying this co-variation are unclear. Short-term weight loss appears to have favourable effects on the cardiovascular system, but whether such improvements are maintained in the long run is unknown. LÄS MER