Sökning: "weight loss"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 446 avhandlingar innehållade orden weight loss.
1. Metabolomics of Weight Loss and Weight Maintenance in Obese Humans
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
2. Obesity, Weight Loss and Cardiovascular Risk
Sammanfattning : Background: The global prevalence of obesity is on the rise, contributing to increased incidence and prevalence of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality. Obesity has adverse effects on cardiac structure and function, directly through a hemodynamic overload, and indirectly through cardiovascular risk factors and low-grade inflammation. LÄS MER
3. Lumbar spinal stenosis : Body mass index and the patient's perspective
Sammanfattning : During recent decades, lumbar spinal stenosis (LSS) has become the most common indication for spine surgery, a change that coincides with a higher worldwide prevalence of overweight and obesity. Thus, surgical treatment of LSS in the overweight and obese population is common and increasing in scope. LÄS MER
4. Growth of schoolchildren : studies on somatic growth and deviant growth patterns such as weight loss and obesity and aspects of intake of breakfast and food items
Sammanfattning : The overall aim of this thesis is to explore somatic growth, and deviant growth patterns as episodes of weight loss and obesity development, including some aspects of meal patterns and food intake.Methods: The thesis includes four studies, two cross-sectional studies (Paper I and II), and two longitudinal studies (Paper III and IV). LÄS MER
5. Diet and/or exercise treatment for weight loss in overweight and obese women after childbirth
Sammanfattning : AIM: The aim of the research presented in this thesis was to evaluate whether, dietary behavior modification treatment (D), or physical exercise behavior modification treatment (E), or the combination of both (DE), provide short and long-term weight loss compared to control (C) among overweight and obese lactating women, and if so how. METHODS: At 10-14 weeks postpartum, 68 lactating Swedish women with a pre-pregnancy body mass index of 25-35 were randomized to 12 weeks of treatment or control. LÄS MER