Sökning: "wave equation"
Visar resultat 11 - 15 av 155 avhandlingar innehållade orden wave equation.
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Wave phenomena appear in many fields of science such as acoustics, geophysics, and quantum mechanics. They can often be described by partial differential equations (PDEs). As PDEs typically are too difficult to solve by hand, the only option is to compute approximate solutions by implementing numerical methods on computers. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Chalmers University of Technology and University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : This thesis can be considered as two parts. In the first part a hyperbolic type integro-differential equation with weakly singular kernel is considered, which is a model for dynamic fractional order viscoelasticity. In the second part, the finite element approximation of the linear stochastic wave equation is studied. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH
Sammanfattning : In this thesis, we propose and analyze a fast method for computing the solution of the Helmholtz equation in a bounded domain with a variable wave speed function. The method is based on wave splitting. The Helmholtz equation is first split into one--way wave equations which are then solved iteratively for a given tolerance. LÄS MER
14. Analysis and Applications of the Heterogeneous Multiscale Methods for Multiscale Elliptic and Hyperbolic Partial Differential EquationsDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : This thesis concerns the applications and analysis of the Heterogeneous Multiscale methods (HMM) for Multiscale Elliptic and Hyperbolic Partial Differential Equations. We have gathered the main contributions in two papers. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : The thesis gives a short introduction to waves and discusses the problem with non-linear waves in shallow water and how they effect an offshore wind energy converter. The focus is on the realisation of non-linear waves in the time domain from short-term statistics in the form of a variance density spectrum of the wave elevation. LÄS MER