Sökning: "waste incineration"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 88 avhandlingar innehållade orden waste incineration.
1. Waste incineration residues : Persistent organic pollutants in flue gas and fly ash from waste incineration
Sammanfattning : Modern societies produce large quantities of municipal solid waste (MSW), which is commonly disposed of by incineration. This has several advantages: it reduces the waste’s volume and sterilizes it while also enabling energy recovery. LÄS MER
2. Systems Aspects of Increased Swedish Waste Incineration
Sammanfattning : Abstract Recent bans on landfilling of combustible and organic waste in Sweden have resulted in an increase in alternative waste treatment, especially waste incineration with energy recovery. This thesis elucidates how the current increase in Swedish waste incineration affects and is affected by the two systems to which it belongs: the waste management and the energy systems. LÄS MER
3. Characterisation of organic materials from incineration residues
Sammanfattning : The organic material present in incineration residues has been examined. Water leachable organic material was characterised and classified into hydrophilic and hydrophobic acids, neutrals and bases. Changes of the organic material during weathering were followed. LÄS MER
4. High temperature corrosion during waste incineration : characterisation, causes and prevention of chlorine-induced corrosion
Sammanfattning : Waste-fired boilers suffer severely from corrosion of critical components such as superheater tubes. In this work the high temperature corrosion of candidate superheater alloys have been investigated by detailed laboratory studies and controlled field exposures in full-scale boilers. LÄS MER
5. A System Perspective on District Heating and Waste Incineration
Sammanfattning : Energy recovery by waste incineration has a double function as waste treatment method and supplier of electricity and/or heat, thereby linking the systems of energy and waste management. Both systems are undergoing great changes, mainly due to new regulations. LÄS MER