Sökning: "visual knowledge"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 372 avhandlingar innehållade orden visual knowledge.
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Archaeology and Ancient History, Lund University
Sammanfattning : In what way can an artisanal perspective and artisanal knowledge contribute to current archaeology? How can theories about skill and expertise explain and affect research on artisanal issues? These are the questions that are in focus and have been explored in the four collected papers and in the concluding article in this thesis. The author proposes an artisanal perspective from an interdisciplinary viewpoint. LÄS MER
2. Visual thinking, visual speech : a semiotic perspective on meaning-making in molecular life scienceDetta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Molecular life science has become one of the fastest-growing fields of scientific and technical innovation. An important issue for tomorrow’s education is to meet the challenge posed by various facets of molecular life science. LÄS MER
3. Graphic Representation and Visualisation as Modelling Support for the Knowledge Acquisition ProcessDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Institutionen för informationsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The thesis describes steps taken towards using graphic representation and visual modelling support for the knowledge acquisition process in knowledge-based systems – a process commonly regarded as difficult. The performance of the systems depends on the quality of the embedded knowledge, which makes the knowledge acquisition phase particularly significant. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund : Lunds universitet
Sammanfattning : Reality isn’t what it appears to be. Contexts are not always clear and visible. People don’t always say what they really mean. And they don’t always mean what they say. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : This study investigates early employments of family trees in the modern sciences, in order to historicise their iconic status and now established uses, notably in evolutionary biology and linguistics. Moving beyond disciplinary accounts to consider the wider cultural background, it examines how early uses within the sciences transformed family trees as a format of visual representation, as well as the meanings invested in them. LÄS MER