Sökning: "verbal situation"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 81 avhandlingar innehållade orden verbal situation.
1. Towards a semantics of linguistic time : exploring some basic time concepts with special reference to English and Krio
Sammanfattning : Using English and the West-African creole language Krio as the objects of investigation, this study proposes an analysis in which verbs and the paradigms pertaining to verbs are conceived of as being the only direct carriers of linguistic time encoding. The fundamental assumption is that nominals encode substance, be it concrete or abstract, and that verbals encode abstract substance with time. LÄS MER
2. Gespräche in einer Krise : Analyse von Telefonaten mit einem RAF-Mitglied während der Okkupation der westdeutschen Botschaft in Stockholm 1975
Sammanfattning : When crises develop, people are confronted with difficulties beyond those experienced in normal everyday activities. Due to the perceived threats inherent to such situations, familiar behaviors may prove ineffective, and such attempts can pose dangerous and unpredictable risks. LÄS MER
3. Verbal Meaning: A Linguistic, Literary, and Theological Framework for Interpretive Categories of the Biblical Hebrew Verbal System as Elaborated in the Book of Ruth
Sammanfattning : The verbal system of Biblical Hebrew has intrigued the minds of exegetes, linguists, theologians, and translators for centuries. With regard to the verbal system, Biblical Hebrew is radically different from Modern Hebrew. Furthermore, it doesn't fit the traditional structure of grammar modelled on Latin. LÄS MER
4. Dialogue and Shared Knowledge : How Verbal Interaction Renders Mental States Socially Observable
Sammanfattning : This dissertation presents a new theoretical solution to the sociological problem of observability: the question of the extent to which and by what means individuals "observe" or infer mental states of other individuals, thereby sharing knowledge with them. The answer offered here states that the social situation of dialogue permits a speaker to use utterances to compel a hearer to generate specific and expectable assumptions about some of the speaker's intentions and beliefs. LÄS MER
5. The Physical Foundation of the Patterning of Physical Action Verbs : A Study of Chinese Verbs
Sammanfattning : This work is a study of verbal semantics with a focus on the discussion and illustration of the role of body parts and the semantic incorporation into verbal roots of the actions that involve various body parts. Following a general discussion of the basic issues of language construction and human body actions with the image schemas of force-dynamics presented in line with the framework of cognitive semantics, it is argued that the event structures of physical action verbs are not arbitrarily constructed but rather the constructions are built through systematic cognitive processes in relation to both human physical reality and concrete reality in the world. LÄS MER