Sökning: "venous thrombosis"
Visar resultat 6 - 10 av 62 avhandlingar innehållade orden venous thrombosis.
6. Arterial Thrombosis in Factor V Leiden or Activated Protein C Resistance. Clinical and Experimental StudiesDetta är en avhandling från Clinical Coagulation Research Unit, Clinical Science, Malmö
Sammanfattning : Abstract The last two decades has seen an avalanche of studies establishing Activated protein C (APC) resistance due to Factor V Leiden mutation as the most prevalent genetic risk factor, yet known, for venous thromboembolism. This has been documented in 20-60% of patients with deep vein thrombosis (DVT). LÄS MER
7. Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt in the treatment of symptomatic portal hypertensionDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Portal hypertension (PHT) is a condition with serious complications, such as variceal bleeding, refractory ascites and bowel ischemia. The cause of PHT may be pre-, intra- or post-hepatic. Initial treatment is pressure-reducing drugs and the treatment of acute symptoms. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Vascular diseases, Skåne University Hospital Malmö, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Despite the fact that venous thromboembolism (VTE) is an important cause of morbidity and mortality there is still insufficient information on VTE risk factors and patient characteristics in the general population. Previously published incidences of VTE (deep venous thrombosis [DVT] and pulmonary embolism [PE]) vary from 71 to 192 per 100,000 individuals per year. LÄS MER
9. Venous thromboembolism. Aspects on risk factors, diagnostic tools and treatment with thrombin inhibitionDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg
Sammanfattning : Venous thromboembolism (VTE), comprising deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE), is a multifactorial disease. The aims of the present thesis were to investigate Factor V Leiden and prothrombin G20210A mutations as potential risk factors for VTE during and after major surgery, to compare different D-dimer assays and evaluate their usefulness in the diagnosis of DVT, to investigate clinical effects, safety and pharmacokinetic properties of an oral thrombin inhibitor (ximelagatran) when treating VTE and finally to investigate the usefulness of coagulation assays (APTT and PT) during treatment with thrombin inhibition. LÄS MER
10. Factor V Leiden mutation and pregnancy. Haemostasis during pregnancy in non-carriers and carriers of factor V Leiden mutation, with special emphasis on placenta-mediated and venous thromboembolic complications and on blood coagulation and fibrinolysis markers for prediction of complicationsDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg
Sammanfattning : Factor V Leiden (FVL) mutation elevates the risk of venous thromboembolism (VTE) in general. During pregnancy, the haemostatic balance is changed in the direction of hypercoagulability, resulting in an increased incidence of VTE. 42 women were followed longitudinally during pregnancy and the puerperium. LÄS MER