Sökning: "vastus lateralis"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 27 avhandlingar innehållade orden vastus lateralis.
1. Strenght training and anabolic steroids a comparative study of the trapezius, a shoulder muscle and the vastus lateralis, a thigh muscle, of strength trained athletes
Sammanfattning : Strength training is widely used to increase performance in sports with high physical demands. The use of drugs such as anabolic steroids among athletes is a wellknown phenomenon, and the effects of these drugs on physical performance documented. LÄS MER
2. Strength training and anabolic steroids : a comparative study of the vastus lateralis, a thigh muscle and the trapezius, a shoulder muscle, of strength-trained athletesDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Department of Integrative Medical Biology, Section for Anatomy, Umeå University and Centre for Musculoskeletal Research, University of Gävle, Sweden
Sammanfattning : The trapezius is a muscle of clinical interest due to its susceptibility to chronic work related musculoslteletal disorders. The mechanisms underlying these conditions are not fully understood. LÄS MER
4. Elite sprinters, ice hockey players, orienteers and marathon runners isokinetic leg muscle performance in relation to muscle structure and trainingDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : In male athletes from different sports, isokinetic knee extensor, and in orienteers also plantar flexor peak torque (PT), contractional work (CW) and integrated surface electromyograms (iEMG) were analysed.Single contraction PT, CW and iEMG in sprinters and marathon runners were significantly correlated to the cross-sectional area (CSA) of m. LÄS MER
5. Applying proteomics and metabolomics for studying human skeletal muscle with a focus on chronic trapezius myalgiaDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå Universitet
Sammanfattning : Work related musculoskeletal disorders are the dominating causes of reported ill-health in industrialized countries. These chronic pain conditions are one of the most costly public health problems in Europe and North America. LÄS MER