Sökning: "urban water services"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 24 avhandlingar innehållade orden urban water services.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH
Sammanfattning : This licentiate thesis describes and analyses the modern history of the socio-technical systems for urban water supply and sanitation in East Africa with focus on Uganda and Kenya. The key objective of the thesis is to evaluate to what extent the historic processes frame and influence the water and sanitation services sectors in these countries today. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Water Resources Engineering, Lund Institute of Technology, Lund University
Sammanfattning : In Mozambique, despite considerable investments in the promotion of drinking water supplies, the access to quality water of sufficient quantity for the majority of people is still far from optimal. Current official figures report that nearly half of the country´s population and about 45 per cent of urban residents do not have access to safe water. LÄS MER
3. Bridging the floods - The role of social learning for resilience building in urban water servicesDetta är en avhandling från Division of Risk Management and Societal Safety, Faculty of Engineering, Lund University
Sammanfattning : The development of cities is increasingly threatened by a worldwide water crisis. Urban water services (including drinking water, sanitation and drainage) are facing complex and multiple pressures, which are becoming increasingly frequent and severe. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Architecture & Development Studies, Lund University
Sammanfattning : This thesis focuses on the provision and management of water supply and sanitation in housing areas in the City of Dar es Salaam. The main objective of the study is to contribute to knowledge and understanding of provision and management of urban water supply and sanitation in Tanzania in the context of sustainable urbanisation. LÄS MER
5. Future trends in urban stormwater quality effects of changes in climate, catchment characteristics and processes and socio-economic factorsDetta är en avhandling från Luleå tekniska universitet
Sammanfattning : Climate change and progressing urbanization cause numerous environmental concerns, including the impacts on urban drainage. Such impacts were addressed during the last two decades with focus on hydraulic overloading of drainage systems and the means of overload remediation by stormwater management. LÄS MER