Sökning: "urban financing"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 10 avhandlingar innehållade orden urban financing.
1. Urban Processes and Global Competition. Enabling factors for mutual urban and economic development Norra Älvstranden in Göteborg
Sammanfattning : Planning and re-development of the former shipyard and harbour areas in Göteborg represent an attempt where the new urban web is anchored in a corresponding development of user needs. This thesis examines the conditions for urban planning and development of an urban growth node in the form of an innovative cluster at Lindholmen. LÄS MER
2. Managing Urban Disaster Risk: Analysis and Adaptation Frameworks for Integrated Settlement Development Programming for the Urban PoorDetta är en avhandling från Housing Development & Management (HDM), Lund University
Sammanfattning : The damage caused by the dramatic worldwide increase in ‘natural’ disasters is staggering, with the poor in developing countries being most at risk. Disasters make their already precarious living conditions worse, creating a vicious circle of poverty from which they find it hard to escape. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund University, Housing Development & Management
Sammanfattning : The purpose of the thesis is to further understand key conceptual and operational challenges that international aid donors, and public and private institutions, face while designing and implementing alternative forms of social housing finance which aim to be inclusive for the urban poor. Based on an in-depth study of the work of the Foundation for the Promotion of Local Development (PRODEL) in three cities in Nicaragua during a period of 15 years, the thesis tries to answer three research questions: What are the constraints the urban poor face in financing the incremental way they build their individual housing and collective assets? Why does housing microfinance not always enhance inclusion of the urban poor? How does the tension between the goal of achieving financial sustainability and increasing financial inclusion affect the policy of international donors and governments, and the practice of local financial institutions? To answer these questions, the thesis adopts a realist approach as well as a critical case study method as used in disciplines such as political science and history to explain the trends and complexities of the phenomena investigated, and formulates an argument in the form of a proposition: if financial exclusion occurs in PRODEL it might also occur elsewhere. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Public Health Sciences
Sammanfattning : This thesis airns to study the association between health-care financing systems and health-care consumers' drug use and health providers' prescribing in six Chinese counties. In a cross-sectional study, a multistage sampling procedure was used to select provinces, counties, townships and villages. LÄS MER
5. Inequalities in non-communicable diseases in urban Hanoi, Vietnam health care utilization, expenditure and responsiveness of commune health stationsDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : Background: Non-communicable diseases (NCDs) are the leading causes of morbidity and mortality among adults in Vietnam. Little is known about the magnitude of socioeconomic inequalities in NCDs and other NCD-related factors in urban areas, in particular among the poor living in slum areas. LÄS MER