Sökning: "twentieth century"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 254 avhandlingar innehållade orden twentieth century.
1. Political Science and the Concept of Politics : A Twentieth-Century Genealogy
Sammanfattning : This dissertation is a historical investigation of the concept of politics in twentieth-century political science. It is set against the backdrop of the comprehensive rethinking of political concepts we are witnessing today in debates about forces like globalization, individualization, multiculturalism, and postcolonialism, and it seeks to account for the apparent difficulties in rethinking politics in similar terms today. LÄS MER
2. Architectures of Life-Building in the Twentieth Century : Russia, Germany, Sweden
Sammanfattning : The modernist concept of life-building as an architectural method for improving the conditions of everyday life originated in Europe during the 1920s. This book explores three modes of functionalism by way of a comparative analysis of both the theoretical discourses and architectural practices associated with functionalism in Russia, Germany, and Sweden. LÄS MER
3. Tävlingarnas tid: arkitekttävlingarnas betydelse i borgerlighetens Sverige
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to survey the impact that competitions have had on the architectural profession, mainly in Sweden, between the middle of the nineteenth century and the beginning of the twentieth century. During this time architectural competitions shifted from individual experiments to a regular method for selection. LÄS MER
4. Från moderhuset till domkyrkan. Upptagning, invigning och vigning av diakoner och diakonissor i Svenska Kyrkan 1855-1999
Sammanfattning : Abstract D. Div. dissertation at Göteborg University, Sweden, 2006 Title: Från moderhuset till domkyrkan. LÄS MER
5. Lämpliga eller olämpliga hem? : Fosterbarnsvård och fosterhemskontroll under 1900-talet
Sammanfattning : This thesis is about foster family care in Sweden during the 20th century. In the beginning of the century many children lived in foster homes. Because of the law regulating state child care passed in 1926, children’s welfare boards were established in the municipalities. LÄS MER