Sökning: "tumor necrosis factor a"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 187 avhandlingar innehållade orden tumor necrosis factor a.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, false
Sammanfattning : Tumor necrosis factor-a in atherogenesis Stefan Jovinge, Department of Medicine, King Gustaf Vth Research, Karolinska Hospital, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden The presence of inflammatory cells is prominent at all phases of the atherosclerotic process leaving no doubt that the inflammation is of central importance in atherosclerosis. The recruitment of inflammatory cells into the vessel wall is therefore a key event in early lesion formation. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg
Sammanfattning : The aims of this thesis were to investigate the regulatory functions of interleukin-6 (IL-6) and tumor necrosis factor-a (TNF-a) on liver growth, and the importance of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and the HGF receptor (Met) for growth of mesenchyme-derived tumors. The studies on different types of liver growth, measured as weight, DNA and protein content, and DNA synthesis, were performed on mice lacking the IL-6 or the TNF receptor-1 gene back-crossed to the C57bl/6 strain. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lena Brånén, Exp. Cardiovasc. Res, Wallenberg Lab, Entrance 46, Fl 1, 205 02 Malmö
Sammanfattning : Inflammation plays an important role in atherosclerosis. One of the most potent pro-inflammatory cytokines is tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-a), a cytokine identified to have a pathogenic role in chronic inflammatory diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis (RA). LÄS MER
4. Targeting the prostate tumor microenvironment and vasculature the role of castration, tumor-associated macrophages and pigment epithelium-derived factorDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Medicinsk biovetenskap
Sammanfattning : BACKGROUND: Prostate cancer is the most common cancer among Swedish men. For patients with metastatic prostate cancer the standard therapy is castration, a treatment that initially provides symptomatic relief but unfortunately is not curative. New therapeutic targets for advanced prostate cancer are therefore needed. LÄS MER
5. Regulation of human macrophage gene expression by oxidized low density lipoprotein. Studies on tumor necrosis factor-a and global gene expression profilesDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg
Sammanfattning : Atherosclerosis is a multifactorial and progressive disease that is characterized by a focal thickening of the arteries caused by accumulation of lipoproteins, extracellular matrix, and the migration and proliferation of various cell types. Among the cells found in atherosclerotic lesions are macrophages, which accumulate lipids and are transformed into foam cells. LÄS MER