Sökning: "top physics"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 139 avhandlingar innehållade orden top physics.
1. First Determination of the Electric Charge of the Top Quark and Studies of the Top Quark Pair Background to New Physics
Sammanfattning : This thesis is concerned with experimental investigations of properties of the top quark and processes involving this particle. In the first part of the thesis, the first determination of the electric charge of the top quark is presented. LÄS MER
2. Constraining the top-Z coupling using the (ttWj)EW process with the ATLAS experiment : A search for physics beyond the Standard Model
Sammanfattning : The Standard Model (SM) of particle physics, having been confirmed by numerous experiments, is one of the most successful theories in physics. It describes all known elementary particles and their interactions through the electromagnetic, strong and weak force. LÄS MER
3. Top quarks at the Tevatron : Measurements of the top quark production and decay with the D0 experiment
Sammanfattning : This thesis presents two measurements of the top quark using 230 pb-1 of data taken with the D0 detector at the Tevatron accelerator. The first measurement determines the top pair production cross section at sqrt(s)=1.96 TeV in proton-antiproton collisions. LÄS MER
4. Studies of Top Physics Sensitivity and of Pile-Up Effects on Energy Reconstruction in the ATLAS Detector : A Licentiate Thesis About the Treatment of Troublesome $\tau$ and Producing Pulses to Probe Pile-up Problems
Sammanfattning : This thesis presents two studies conducted using the ATLAS detectorat the Large Hadron Collider. The first one is a technical study abouthow out-of-time pile-up affects energy reconstruction using the optimalfiltering 2 algorithm in the TILE calorimeter sub detector. The studyis conducted using a pulse simulator software that is also described. LÄS MER
5. Calibration of the ATLAS calorimeters and discovery potential for massive top quark resonances at the LHC
Sammanfattning : ATLAS is a multi-purpose detector which has recently started to take data at the LHC at CERN. This thesis describes the tests and calibrations of the central calorimeters of ATLAS and outlines a search for heavy top quark pair resonances. LÄS MER