Sökning: "thorsen a"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 17 avhandlingar innehållade orden thorsen a.
1. In Search of the Self: A Study of the International Scene of Modern Advaitic Satsang in Present-Day Rishikesh
Sammanfattning : The north Indian pilgrimage town Rishikesh has since the late 1990’s become something of a center for the international scene of Modern Advaita. An increasing number of teachers and adherents from mainly Western countries have started to gather there for a few weeks each spring to engage in satsang, a form of dialogical lectures, in these cases based on contemporary interpretations of the classical Indian philosophical system Advaita (“nondual”) Vedānta. LÄS MER
2. Five-year follow-up of a randomized controlled trial of early supported discharge and continued rehabilitation at home after stroke
Sammanfattning : Introduction: Stroke constitutes the second leading cause of death and the leading determinant of disability among the world population. Stroke is the single physiological condition that requires the most bed-days in Swedish hospitals. LÄS MER
3. Assessment of the uncertainty in small and large dimensional portfolio allocation
Sammanfattning : Portfolio theory is a large subject with many branches. In this thesis we concern ourselves with one of these, the precense of uncertainty in the portfolio allocation problem and in turn, what it leads to. There are many forms of uncertainty, we consider two of these. LÄS MER
4. Optimal portfolios in the high-dimensional setting : Estimation and assessment of uncertainty
Sammanfattning : Financial portfolios and diversification go hand in hand. Diversification is one of, if not, the best risk mitigation strategy there is. If an investment performs poorly, then it will not impact the performance of the portfolio much due to diversification. Modern Portfolio Theory (MPT) is a framework for constructing diversified portfolios. LÄS MER
5. Den svenska aidsepidemin : Ankomst, bemötande, innebörd
Sammanfattning : This dissertation investigates the public response to HIV/AIDS in Sweden in the 1980s and early 1990s. The analysis focuses on the National Commission on AIDS (NCA,“Aidsdelegationen”). LÄS MER