Sökning: "the timing argument"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 6 avhandlingar innehållade orden the timing argument.
1. The Good, the Bad, and the Dead : An Essay on Well-Being and Death
Sammanfattning : This book examines some central arguments in the debate about the value of death. The first main chapter, Chapter 2, begins with an introduction to the debate and a clarification of Epicureanism, i.e. the view that it is not bad to die. LÄS MER
2. An Investigation into the Perception and Production of Slow Rhythms
Sammanfattning : Appreciation and production of musical rhythm is a human universal and, as with other human capacities, it is imperative to understand the extent of our capacity to perceive and produce rhythm. This thesis presents my work on the cognitive and perceptual aspects of rhythm perception and production at a slow tempi. LÄS MER
3. Disaggregating Dissent : The Challenges of Intra-Party Consolidation in Civil War and Peace Negotiations
Sammanfattning : Contemporary civil wars are often characterized not only by fighting between rebels and governments, but also by rebel violence against their own community members. In spite of repeated peace negotiations, many of these conflicts seem to go on endlessly. LÄS MER
4. Communication in Games and Decision Making under Risk
Sammanfattning : This thesis is divided into two distinct parts. The first part studies communication in games and the second part investigates individual decision making under risk. Chapters 2 – 4, co-authored with Ola Andersson, investigate communication and renegotiation in dynamic games. LÄS MER
5. Semantic Self-monitoring in Speech. Using Real-time Speech Exchange to Investigate the Use of Auditory Feedback for Self-comprehension
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates speech production and self-monitoring by using a newly constructed Real-time Speech Exchange (RSE) system. This system makes it possible to covertly manipulate the auditory feedback that participants receive of their own voice. LÄS MER