Sökning: "the postcolonial discourse"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 55 avhandlingar innehållade orden the postcolonial discourse.
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborg University
Sammanfattning : How human-animal relations are expressed and negotiated has significance for the situation of animals in society and offers insights that contribute to our understanding of how we organize relations between humans as well. This critical ethnographic investigation is positioned at the intersection of education research and the interdisciplinary area of human-animal studies. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Acta Universitatis Stockholmiensis
Sammanfattning : This dissertation examines and writes the early history of distribution and exhibition of moving images in Southeast Asia by observing the intersection of transnational itinerant entertainment and colonialism. It is a cultural history of turn-of-the-century Southeast Asia, and focuses on the movement of films, people, and amusements across oceans and national borders. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Department of Social and Economic Geography
Sammanfattning : By exploring representations of place, this thesis treats practices of spatial stigmatisation in the context of segregated Swedish cities. In three papers, different aspects of stigmatisation and place-making are discussed and analysed, where the overarching ambition is to identify and critically deconstruct the ideology behind stigma as well as suggest ways of making representation positive. LÄS MER
4. The Soapstone Birds of Great Zimbabwe Archaeological Heritage, Religion and Politics in Postcolonial Zimbabwe and the Return of Cultural PropertyDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Institutionen för arkeologi och antik historia
Sammanfattning : At least eight soapstone carvings of birds furnished a shrine, Great Zimbabwe, in the 19th century. This large stonewalled settlement, once a political and urban centre, had been much reduced for four centuries, although the shrine continued to operate as local traditions dictated. LÄS MER
5. The white wo/man's burden in the age of partnership : a postcolonial reading of identity in development aidDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Dept. of Peace and Development Research [Institutionen för freds- och utvecklingsforskning] GU
Sammanfattning : Based on a study of two Scaninavian development NGOs in Tanzania, this thesis analyzes the construction of 'donor' and expatriate development worker identities and how these are manifested in development aid practice. While the thesis explores the articulation of 'donor' and expatriate development worker identities in a more general way, the identities are analyzed in relation to the policy of 'partnership' in particular: How are 'donor' identities manifested in the practices of development aid? How do they relate to the calls for partnership in which paternalism has no place, where 'partners progressively take the lead' and where communication is open and transparent? The thesis is based on interviews conducted in Tanzania in 1998 and 1999 and on an analysis of policy documents and other texts. LÄS MER