Sökning: "the economics of religion"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 145 avhandlingar innehållade orden the economics of religion.
- Detta är en avhandling från Huddinge : Södertörns högskola
Sammanfattning : This dissertation presents a full-fledged portrait of the muftiate (spiritual administration of Muslims) in modern Russia. Designed initially for the purpose of controlling religious activity, over time the institution of the muftiate was appropriated by Muslims and became a key factor in preserving national identity for different ethnic groups of Tatars. LÄS MER
2. Seven Years That Shook Economic and Social Thinking Reflections on the Revolution in Communist Economics 1985-1991Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Acta Universitatis Stockholmiensis
Sammanfattning : The main theme of this study is to analyze the Soviet economic theoretical debate in the period 1985 – 1991. This period of reconstruction gave possibilities of a more free debate. LÄS MER
3. Making sense of alternative currencies: Essays on the ethics and economics of alternative monetary proposalsDetta är en avhandling från Louvain-la-neuve : UCLouvain
Sammanfattning : The main goal of this thesis is to provide a clear basis for the analysis of alternative currencies, such as Bitcoin, LETS, Local currencies, the WIR or Carbon currencies. It attempts to determine whether alternative currencies might constitute just and workable alternatives, either in the form of small-scale experiments or in the form of more radical reforms. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Economics, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This thesis consists of three essays in development and political economics."Islamic Rule and the Emancipation of the Poor and Pious". I report new findings on the causal relationship between political Islamic control and female participation in public institutions. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg
Sammanfattning : This thesis includes five self-contained essays. The first three essays relate to the measurement of trust using both an experimental and a survey approach, and the other two essays relate to the measurement of the value of (statistical) life using stated preference methods. LÄS MER