Sökning: "systematic and practical Christian theology"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 37 avhandlingar innehållade orden systematic and practical Christian theology.
1. Religion in Dialogue with Late Modern Society: A Constructive Contribution to a Christian Spirituality Informed by Buddhist-Christian EncountersDetta är en avhandling från The library at Centre for Theology and Religious Studies
Sammanfattning : In this dissertation I make a constructive contribution to a Christian spirituality for late modern religiously plural society. The words ‘a constructive contribution’ designate the methodological approach of the study. LÄS MER
2. The Scriptures and the LORD : Formation and Significance of the Christian Biblical Canon. A Study in Text, Ritual and InterpretationDetta är en avhandling från Centre for Theology and Religious Studies, Lund University
Sammanfattning : This study explores the emergence of the Christian biblical canon and its significance for the early as well as for the contemporary church. Some major challenges to previous research on the biblical canon are presented. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Centre for Theology and Religious Studies, Lund University
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this study is to relate sociobiological theories of altruism to theories within the Christian tradition of agape. Firstly, it discusses the relation between scientific, ethical and theological understandings of altruism, and argues that it is possible to compare discussions of benevolent acts towards others or other-directedness. LÄS MER
4. Reconciliation and the Search for a Shared Moral Landscape – An exploration based upon a study of Northern Ireland and South AfricaDetta är en avhandling från A printed version will be published by Peter Lang, GmbH, Europaeischer Verlag der Wissenschaften, later in the year 2001
Sammanfattning : In Northern Ireland and South Africa obstacles to reconciliation were found in these elements of a “moral landscape”: – Experiences of trauma, separation and inequalities, – Divergent views of the conflict and of “the other”, – Opposing identifications and loyalties, – Norms for interaction, – Contestant interpretations of values such as “peace” and “justice”. This study describes how these obstacles have been addressed in: 1) Efforts, particularly by ecumenical groups, to bridge the Catholic/Protestant divide in Northern Ireland. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Norma bokförlag. Kyrkstadsvägen 6, 931 33 Skellefteå, tel 0910-77 91 02
Sammanfattning : As a consequence of immigration and increasing globalisation, the new multifaith and multicultural situation in Swedish society has created new challenges and pastoral ministries for the Christian Protestant churches and denominations in Sweden. Encounters with people of other faiths and increasing religious pluralism has created a new need for reflection about the churches identity, self-understanding and future mission. LÄS MER