Sökning: "symbolic power"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 113 avhandlingar innehållade orden symbolic power.
1. The Power of Symbolic Power : An Application of O'Neill's Game of Honour to Asymmetric Internal ConflictDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : Powerful states can lose wars to militarily weaker opponents. This can only be understood by moving away from an over-simplified traditional definition of power and by incorporating the symbolic dimensions of power. LÄS MER
2. On the Power of Informal Economies and the Informal Economies of Power : Rethinking Informality, Resilience and Violence in KosovoDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Since the 1970s, the concept of “economic informality” has served as focal point for a comprehensive scholarly thinking and the development of policy initiatives enhanced by international organisations. Yet, informality displays a puzzling resilience. LÄS MER
3. Population-based empowerment practice in immigrant communities : a socio-medical study of Iranian families in SwedenDetta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköpings universitet
Sammanfattning : The significant social problems that confront Iranian families that have immigrated to Western countries have been described in the literature, in particular regarding the difficulties between parents and their adolescent children. However, the investigations that have been performed have not focused on how the situations of these families can be improved. LÄS MER
4. Not the Whole Story : The Impact of the Church, Traditional Religion and Society on the Individual and Collective Perceptions of HIV in SwazilandDetta är en avhandling från Lund University
Sammanfattning : The thesis is an attempt to contribute to a critical discussion around the discourses that characterize HIV in southern Africa in general, and in Swaziland in particular. The aim of the study is to explore and visualize the experiences of HIV-positive Swazi Christians in church and society, as well as an attempt to explain these experiences with the contributions of key informants and the Swazi tradition. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund University
Sammanfattning : As the most figurative asset of membership in a majority or minority and the most symbolic aspect of national authority, language is a major site of struggle for majority power and minority resistance. For the purposes of this study, which focuses on the question of Kurdish linguistic rights in Turkey, the sites of struggle for majority power and minority resistance are as follows: the documents of international and European organisations on the linguistic rights of minorities, the impact of the modernisation and nation-state building process in Turkey on the Kurdish-speaking community and the resistance engendered by the Kurdish intelligentsia in the European diaspora and in Turkey against the majority power delimiting the Kurdish linguistic rights. LÄS MER