Sökning: "swallowing quality of life"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 10 avhandlingar innehållade orden swallowing quality of life.
1. Swallowing dysfunction among older people in short-term care : prevalence, effect of intervention, and risk of mortalityDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : Objectives: Swallowing dysfunction (dysphagia) is a common, but often neglected condition among geriatric patients that can cause severe complications such as malnutrition, aspiration pneumonia and death. The aims of this thesis were to (i) describe the study design and method of the multidisciplinary and multicenter project SOFIA (Swallowing function, Oral health, and Food Intake in old Age), (ii) study the prevalence of and the relationship between swallowing dysfunction and risk of undernutrition among older individuals in short-term care, (iii) study the effect of oral neuromuscular training on swallowing dysfunction among older individuals, and (iv) to investigate the association between poor oral health, swallowing dysfunction and mortality. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund University, Faculty of Medicine
Sammanfattning : Background: Patients with Lewy body dementias (LBD) have a complex clinical picture. With no prevention or cure, management focuses around symptomatic relief, however pharmacological and non-pharmacological options have been inadequately investigated. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : BackgroundParkinson’s disease (PD) is one of the most common neurodegenerative diseases in Europe. Besides motor dysfunction, PD is characterized by several non-motor and secondary motor features, such as weight change, sialorrhea, constipation and swallowing problems. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Dept of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology
Sammanfattning : Poor overall survival, swallowing problems and severe side-effects from multi-modality treatment characterize the situation of patients with oesophageal and gastro oesophageal junction carcinoma (GOJ). With the poor prognosis and abundance of symptoms in this disease it is particularly important to consider health-related quality of life (HRQoL) as an important outcome in clinical decision-making. LÄS MER
5. Swallowing and deep brain stimulation swallowing function in Parkinson's disease after subthalamic nucleus and caudal zona incerta deep brain stimulationDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : Background Swallowing problems are common in Parkinson’s disease, and these affect morbidity and mortality largely due to aspiration-induced pneumonia. Even mild dysphagia affects patient Quality of Life. LÄS MER