Sökning: "sustainable peace"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 9 avhandlingar innehållade orden sustainable peace.
1. Building Sustainable Peace Understanding the Linkages between Social, Political, and Ecological Processes in Post-War CountriesDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Department of Peace and Conflict Research, Uppsala University
Sammanfattning : Post-war countries are among the most difficult policy arenas for international and domestic actors. The challenge is not only to stop violence and prevent violence from rekindling, but moreover to help countries reset their internal relations on a peaceful path. The indirect, long-term effects of wars further exaggerate this challenge. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet, Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The focus of this study is the assumption that the return of refugees is a necessary condition for the establishment of sustainable peace after armed conflict. This assumption is often made in the peacebuilding literature as well as by policy makers, but it has rarely been the object of systematic analysis. LÄS MER
3. From Rebellion to Politics : The Transformation of Rebel Groups to Political Parties in Civil War Peace ProcessesDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : Why do some rebel groups in civil war peace processes transform into viable political parties while others do not? The transformation of armed rebels into peaceful politicians has been identified as one of the most critical factors in explaining the successful transition from violence to sustainable peace. Yet few studies have examined under what conditions these transformations are more or less likely to be carried out. LÄS MER
4. Between the Paths of Modernity : The European Commission’s Shaping of European Nuclear Energy Policy between 1999 and 2012Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : A powerful symbol of modernity, in its early days, nuclear energy was associated with images of progress and dreams of a better life. At the start of the European process of integration, it was hoped that peaceful cooperation in nuclear matters would bring about lasting peace in the European continent. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborg University
Sammanfattning : This thesis is an explorative study of a neglected area in International Political Economy and Development Studies. Modernisation has provoked the global extension of motorized mobility. The establishing of motorized transport systems is a core area in modern development. LÄS MER