Sökning: "sustainability science methodology"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 20 avhandlingar innehållade orden sustainability science methodology.
1. Meaning and Action in Sustainability Science Interpretive approaches for social-ecological systems researchDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Stockholm Resilience Centre, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Social-ecological systems research is interventionist by nature. As a subset of sustainability science, social-ecological systems research aims to generate knowledge and introduce concepts that will bring about transformation. Yet scientific concepts diverge in innumerable ways when they are put to work in the world. LÄS MER
2. Development constrained – Essays on land as a factor in nineteenth-century industrialization and tradeDetta är en avhandling från Gothenburg : Gothenburg Universtity
Sammanfattning : This dissertation consists of an introductory chapter, four research essays and one essay that describes the collected dataset. The first essay examines how the balance of land embodied in British trade developed during the nineteenth century and provides the first all encompassing accounts on this topic. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund University
Sammanfattning : The theory of ecologically unequal exchange (EUE) posits that contemporary international trade facilitates a net flow of resources from the peripheral global South to feed industrial processes and capital accumulation in the core North. This situation, it is argued, imperils the development of the South. LÄS MER
4. HOUSE MASTER SCHOOL: Career Model for Education and Training in Integrated and Sustainable Conservation of Built EnvironmentsDetta är en avhandling från Lund University
Sammanfattning : Based on a participatory action research methodology and approach (AR), this dissertation explores the core theoretical problems and opportunities of education and learning for sustainable development (ESD) within the cross-disciplinary area of integrated and sustainable conservation of built environments. The main purpose has been to develop an epistemological framework for integrated lifelong learning, ethics and advanced research (R&D) and to provide a new sustainable education and career model for the field to be applied in the Dalecarlia region and on a national level within the Swedish construction industry at large; i. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från ; Chalmers tekniska högskola; Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : This dissertation defends the thesis that application of the socio-material methodology that I present can assist environmentally more effective decision-making. The methodology provides a recipe for a systematic and accurate understanding of how human actions determine environmental impacts via material (tangible) flows. LÄS MER