Sökning: "stem cell"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 1088 avhandlingar innehållade orden stem cell.
1. Pancreatic extracellular communication. Applications to beta cell cultures and islet amyloid polypeptide aggregationDetta är en avhandling från Gothenburg : Chalmers tekniska högskola
Sammanfattning : Diabetes mellitus (DM) is a disease with epidemic proportions due to increased incidences worldwide, persistence of undiagnosed cases, uncontrolled forms of the disease, association with cardiovascular complications, and lack of definitive treatment options. In particular, type 2 DM (T2DM) is placing an enormous financial burden on worldwide healthcare systems that will increase in the futureThere is a need to develop physiological assay platforms that provide functionally relevant models of diabetes in order to accelerate the discovery of new treatments. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Gothenburg : Chalmers tekniska högskola
Sammanfattning : Stem cells have a great potential to bring about advancements in fields like developmental biology, drug discovery, cancer biology and tissue engineering. In order to be able to use stem cells to their full potential, it is important to have control over their behavior. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund Center for Stem Cell Biology and Cell Therapy
Sammanfattning : Hematopoietic stem cells (HSC) are sufficient and required for life long production of all blood cell lineages. Steady state HSCs are largely quiescent and we demonstrate that the kinetics of HSC cell cycling are slower compared to more committed progenitor cells also during expansion and self-renewal ex vivo and in physiological conditions. LÄS MER
4. Genetic pathways controlling CNS development The role of Notch signaling in regulating daughter cell proliferation in DrosophilaDetta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : The human central nervous system (CNS) displays the greatest cellular diversity of any organ system, consisting of billions of neurons, of numerous cell sub-types, interconnected in a vast network. Given this enormous complexity, decoding the genetic programs controlling the multistep process of CNS development remains a major challenge. LÄS MER
5. Genetic mechanisms regulating proliferation and cell specification in the Drosophila embryonic CNSDetta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : The central nervous system (CNS) consists of an enormous number of cells, and large cellular variance, integrated into an elaborate network. The CNS is the most complex animal organ, and therefore its establishment must be controlled by many different genetic programs. LÄS MER