Sökning: "spinal cord stimulation"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 76 avhandlingar innehållade orden spinal cord stimulation.
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg
Sammanfattning : Refractory angina pectoris has been defined as coronary artery disease and severe angina, where standard pharmacological and invasive treatment possibilities are exhausted. The epidemiology of this condition is virtually unknown.During the last few decades, additional treatment options have evolved for this condition. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Public Health Sciences
Sammanfattning : The aims of this thesis were to assess and characterise nociceptive and neuropathic pain, the use of pharmacological and non-pharmacological pain treatment, and the influence of pain on the quality of sleep in a population following spinal cord injury (SCI). This thesis is divided into five separate studies: I. LÄS MER
3. Functional organization of spinal nociceptive pathways: evidence for a modular organization of spinal nociceptive reflex systemsDetta är en avhandling från Department of Physiology and Neuroscience, Lund University
Sammanfattning : The functional organization of the hindlimb withdrawal reflex system was studied in the rat. For the reflex pathway to each muscle, a "mirror-image" relationship was found between the spatial distribution of sensitivity within its cutaneous receptive field and the pattern of cutaneous unloading ensuing on muscle contraction. LÄS MER
4. Refractory angina pectoris. Patient characteristics, safety and long-term effects of spinal cord stimulationDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg University
Sammanfattning : Refractory angina pectoris has been defined as severe angina pectoris due to coronary artery disease which cannot be controlled by conventional pharmacological or surgical therapy. The epidemiology of this condition is virtually unknown. During the last decades, additional treatment options have been developed for this condition. LÄS MER
5. Advances in spinal cord stimulation - enhancement of efficacy, improved surgical technique and a new indicationDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Dept of Clinical Neuroscience
Sammanfattning : Introduction and aim: Spinal cord stimulation (SCS) has been used for treatment of otherwise therapy-resistant chronic neuropathic pain for about four decades. However, 30-40 % of the patients do not benefit from SCS, despite careful case selection and technical advances. LÄS MER