Sökning: "space in literature"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 370 avhandlingar innehållade orden space in literature.
1. Displaced Literature Images of Time and Space in Latvian Novels Depicting the First Years of the Latvian Postwar ExileDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Acta Universitatis Stockholmiensis
Sammanfattning : In the years immediately following the Second World War, the main part of Latvian literature was produced by writers living outside Latvia. To this day Latvian literature continues to be written outside Latvia, albeit to a much smaller extent. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå University. Department of Language Studies
Sammanfattning : This study examines the functions of objects in a selection of British colonial travel accounts about Africa. The works discussed were published between 1863 and 1908 and include travelogues by John Hanning Speke, Verney Lovett Cameron, Henry Morton Stanley, Mary Henrietta Kingsley, Ewart Scott Grogan, Mary Hall and Constance Larymore. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of English, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This study provides a diachronic view of the interweaving of space and sexuality, their interdependency and mutually constitutive aspects, in seven South African English language novels from the early twentieth century until the first decade of the twenty-first century. A key contention is that it is precisely a co-constitutive depiction of space and sexuality that has arisen in this literature as a response to a socio-political climate which has exercised harsh regulation in these two areas. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Avdelningen för litteratursociologi
Sammanfattning : This study investigates the effects of digitization on literature and literary culture with focus on works of literary fiction and other kinds of works inspired by such works. The concept of “hyperworks” refers to works intended to be navigated multisequentially, i.e. the users create their own paths through the work by making choices. LÄS MER
5. Moving Images of Literature : Transformations of Literature in Contemporary Video and Film Installation ArtDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Uppsala universitet, Litteraturvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This study aims to contribute to a better understanding of the many engagements with literature beyond the literary field. More specifically, it studies different ways of staging and transforming literature in video and film installation since the 1990s. LÄS MER