Sökning: "somatostatin receptor 2 expression"
Visar resultat 6 - 10 av 13 avhandlingar innehållade orden somatostatin receptor 2 expression.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Oncology-Pathology
Sammanfattning : The transition of prostate cancer from androgen dependent to the therapy resistant androgen independent state, is a large and persistent problem in the clinical management of prostate cancer. The aim of this thesis was to study somatostatin effects on the proteome of prostate cancer cells, to identify differences in protein expression in androgen dependent and androgen independent prostate cancer cells, and to explore possibilities to enhance the somatostatin receptor expression through pre-treatment with sms, 5-aza and TSA (DNA methylation/HDAC inhibitors). LÄS MER
7. Somatostatin, dendritic cells and peptide T in psoriasis : a clinical, immunohistochemical and functional studyDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Medicine at Huddinge University Hospital
Sammanfattning : Peptide T is an octapeptide designed to block the CD4 receptor. In a phase 1 study 9 psoriasis patients were treated with 2 mg peptide T i.v. once daily for 28 days and followed for a further 3 months. LÄS MER
8. Novel Circulating and Tissue Biomarkers for Small Intestine Neuroendocrine Tumors and Lung CarcinoidsDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Small intestine neuroendocrine tumors (SI-NETs) and lung carcinoids (LCs) are relatively indolent tumors, which originate from neuroendocrine (NE) cells of the diffuse NE system. Metastases can spread before diagnosis. Thus, potential cures become unavailable, which entitles new biomarker development. LÄS MER
9. Leptin targets in the brain regulating body weight : receptors and down-stream mediators of leptin in neurons of the hypothalamus and brainstemDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Neuroscience
Sammanfattning : Abstract - Obesity is a disease which has become a global epidemic that is beginning to replace undernutrition and infectious diseases as the most significant contributor to ill health in the world. In particular, obesity is associated with diabetes mellitus, hypertension and coronary heart disease. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Medicine
Sammanfattning : The regulation of gastric acid secretion is complex and involves endocrine, paracrine, and neurocrine mechanisms. Among these, the interconnecting cross-talk between different gut peptides is an important part in the control of acid secretion. LÄS MER